Last night as I was reviewing my order, I saw that instead of 1 item I had 4 on my cart, I changed it but them it did the same thing. It has a very red note that said buy one get 3 free but it was still charging me for all.

I only wanted 1 pair of pants. As I was reviewing my order again, the page froze. I was unable to select a shipping method or see the items or the amount. Then I received an email, a confirmation email.

Immediately I sent an email to NY&C customer service explaining the situation, to cancel or edit the order and to refund the amount back to my card. This morning I received an answer saying there is nothing that can be done. Apparently, I also have to pay for the system glitches but not before prompting me to go back and buying some more. I called customer service and Sheena, ID# 10034 said I had placed the order, which is not true, that the order placed last night was already in transit.

Insulting to say the less, when I asked for tracking # she said it would be sent to me when items are sent. Doesnt that mean you still have it? Since I did not get to select the shipping method I asked how long and was advised 7-10 days!!!!! Her option, was once I received the order I placed I could send the items back or go to any store and return them.

I asked for a supervisor, was put on hold, sheena came back after a few minutes and said they are very busy becase of the high call volume and I would need to wait to long for a supervisor. I told her I would wait that I had time and was told that she did not feel confortable making me wait so long and that there were other customers calling. I said I would wait, since my call is important as others and even more when the error was not my doing. Impatiently, Ms.

Sheena tells me that all she can do is put me on a call back list because Supervisors are not in today, she literally changed the story . When I confronted her with that she started talking at the same time and over me and prompted me to accept the call back list option. Customer service email was vague, and with automatic response, the ” You’ll find we’re always adding new products and offers, so please stop by http://www.nyandcompany.com again soon. We appreciate your patronage.” at the end of the emai left such a bad impression ( you cant help or even care about the situation, but please keep shopping).

Customer service over the phone was even worse. Never acknowledging the possibility that I am saying the truth and it was due to a webpage issue. Not one ounce of sympathy, just in a hurry to get me off the phone. No solution but to wait 3 weeks or more.

As per the representative I selected 7-10 days shipping ( not true), then I have to return the items and then wait 3-5 days for the money to be refunded to my card. I have worked in customer service related areas for 24 years, and I understand call centers and automatic emails perfectly. Also, how customer service should communicate with customers and the importance of actually taking care of them, we might be a number to them but we are the people paying for their salary. For the first time in my life, I have decided to write a negative comment, this was due to the lack of interest, bad customer service and failing to acknoledge that the error was not my doing.

I end up paying the consewuences. I was treated with lack of common sense. The staff needs at least one course of critical thinking and definitely a few in customer management, communication and ethics.

We are customers, not people without a brain. Treat your customers as you would like to be treated, its simple.

Review about: New York And Company Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments